Tuesday, August 12, 2008

thanks

The summer has brought a feeling of boredom. However today I realized this boredom is more or less a (sometimes annoying) familiarity. We are so accustomed to the happenings and activities of our daily lives we forget that some of the things we may find boring are things we once so enjoyed. I still enjoy everything, I just need a change.

We will always have the eastern prom. To bring that perfect picnic lunch, fly kites, overlook the water where boats sail in and out, and to discuss.

We will always have those walks down the breakwater to that small light house. To watch our fantasy vessels float by, envy the adventurous professions of the individuals working on these boats, grow annoyed by the unattended children jumping around on the rocks and complaining, and also to realize how much the ocean has to offer.

We will always have sing-alongs in the car. We sing our hearts out without a care in world what we sound like or who might be on the streets at red lights listening.

We will always be young. at heart anyway.

We, no matter how hard we try not to, will have the reoccurring conversations regarding family, former relationships, and hard times. But this only gets us through the rough patches.

I feel at ease knowing that all of these things are going no where. I can always look forward to them without fail. I always have someone to turn to, someone to laugh with, cry with, and just be ridiculous with. Sometimes I think I shouldn't be this lucky.